In the documents of the twelfth century Selva is referred as “de Silva Ula” or “de Silva Virola” was in fact an ancient forest of oak trees, donated by the Bishop of Modena in 1131 to the Benedictine monks of St. Peter the deforested to build a church and a small convent, of which today no trace remains. The parish church dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin was built in 1865, replacing the older one. Restored after the earthquake of 1920, is presented in a classic style. To his left is the bell tower on one floor and right rectory built in 1905. Among these woods is a massive old oak tree about five meters in circumference, protected from the Emilia Romagna to its value landscape and nature.